6.26.2011

Inspiration is Everywhere

Early Friday morning, 5 of us "early bird" shoppers piled into the empty Suburban, anticipating filling the expansive back end with our treasures from the neighborhood garage sales.  I love to garage sale with good friends and new friends alike.  So much to learn from other women, as we talk about new recipes, latest exercise crazes and the best coffee shop in town, in between stops!  Just when I thought I was caught up on all the "latest", I am  challenged and inspired by my friends!  My favorite finds this week were a pair of Banana Republic white denim capri's ($5) and an Old Navy yellow floral shirt ($2).  My $7 outfit (pictured here), will be my new uniform for the summer or at least this week.  What is it about us girls, that we love having something new, even if it is recycled or re-purposed?  

Saturday morning we (my handsome husband, and 17 year old son, who both appreciate a good deal) made our way to the Farmer's Market in our sleepy little town of Monument, Colorado.  As we were picking our scrumptious veggies for the week, I spotted a new vendor with antiques and the such.  There they were, the boots I have been waiting for!  A vintage pair of Acme Cowboy boots.  To my delight they were a perfect fit, hardly worn and for the unbelievable price of $25!  
It was a good weekend!


I haven't always been a "garage saler", but have come to appreciate the value and adventure. Surround yourself with friends and inspiration will abound. Challenge yourself to look for inspiration in new places, and share with me your secrets of success!